SAID AND Colgate's Bright Smiles Bright Futures Criscrosses USA
The Society of American Indian Dentists & Colgate Bright Smiles Bright Futures 2012 to 2017.
The Society of American Indian Dentists (SAID) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Colgate Bright Smiles Bright Futures (BSBF) in July of 2011. Since this agreement was signed, the leadership and members of SAID have begun to crisscross the country with the Colgate van providing hundreds of dental screening for American Indian children. They have disseminated oral health products and educational materials to our nation’s First Families compliments of Colgate Palmolive.
The mission of SAID and their commitment to BSBF continues to be realized through the events proudly recorded, including:
- 16th Intertribal Powwow, San Luis Rey Mission Indians, Oceanside, California June 9 &10, 2012
- Multi-Cultural Oral Health Summit, Peter Blum Family YMCA - Boca Raton, Florida July 20, 2012
- Santa Barbara American Indian Urban Clinic - Santa Barbara, California November 17&18, 2012
- 22nd Annual Tulalip Nation Powwow, Maryville, Washington - June 2, 2013
- The Oneida Nation Powwow, Oneida, Wisconsin - July 5, 2014
- United American Involvement, Inc., Oral Health Project, Los Angeles - October 18, 2014
- 25th SAID Anniversary, National Museum of the American Indian - Washington, DC – August 1, 2015 (CA)
- 33rd Gathering of Nations Powwow, Wise Pie Arena - Albuquerque, New Mexico April 28-29, 2016
- Wellness on Wheels (WOW) Piscataway Conoy Nation, Waldorf, Maryland - August 30, 2016
- Native Community Wellness Fair, Commission on Indian Affairs, Grasonville, Maryland November 12, 2016
- 34th Gathering of Nations Powwow, Tingley Coliseum - Albuquerque, New Mexico April 27-29, 2017